Internship & Student Background
The company understands the role of the intern.
- Relevancy for the organization
- Complexity of work
- Supporting the student with the appropriate tools
- Supporting the student during the preparation period and during the internship
The intern has the skills and knowledge related to the work:
- Theoretical background of the student for the tasks
- Technical skills for the tasks
- Technologies for the tasks
- Language skills
Managing self and personal skills
Being aware of own behaviour and mindful of how it has impact on others, enhancing personal skills to adapt professional practice accordingly: Organisational skills, Listening skills, Self-awareness, Communication skills, Reflective practice, Time management skills.
- Understands and follows the Staff Policy manual and supervisor feedback
- Communicates issues in a timely manner
- Communicates in a tone and manner that demonstrates respect
- Acts with honesty, integrity and personal ethics
- Keeps attendance except the situations with valid excuses
- Accepts responsibility and accountability for own actions
- Manages personal health and emotional well being (Stress resistance)
- Takes care of personal needs and business during their breaks
- Avoids any unnecessary personal cell phone chats and Social Media
- Dresses appropriately
- Leaves the workspace clean
Delivering excellent service Providing the best quality service to external and internal clients. Building genuine and open long-term relationships in order to drive up service standards: Listening skills, Interpersonal skills, Empathy, Problem solving, Analytical skills, Communication skills. Listens, questions and clarifies in order to understand the client’s needs Provides excellent service in a cheerful, friendly manner Delivers what have been promised
Finding innovative solutions
Taking a holistic view and working enthusiastically to analyse problems and to develop workable solutions. Identifying opportunities for innovation: Creativity, Persuasive, Pro-active, Networking skills, Broad perspective, Resourcefulness, Inquisitive, Analytical skills.
- Assesses situations and identifies problems
- Generates and evaluates ideas for improvement
- Assesses, weighs and manages risk in the face of uncertainty
- Determines appropriate implementation strategies, tools and technologies
- Plans, designs or carries out projects or tasks with well-defined objectives and outcomes
Being open to and engaging with new ideas and ways of working. Adjusting to unfamiliar situations, shifting demands and changing roles: Questioning skills, Flexibility, Adaptability, Positive, Open mindedness, Forward thinking, Influencing skills.
- Adapts to new environments and cultures
- Works effectively within a variety of situations
- Working with other disciplines
- Adapts to changing work priorities and workplace practices
- Considers situations from new perspectives
- Persists when difficulties arise
Using resources effectively
Identifying and making the most productive use of resources including people, time, information, networks and budgets: Organisational skills, Creativity, Networking skills, Numeracy, Delegation, Research skills, Analytical skills, Flexibility.
- Researches and interprets relevant information from a range of sources
- Utilizes the data gathered to draw conclusions or to create new sources of information
- Not always seeks perfection at the expense of a timely solution
- Documents sources of information
- Follows safety guidelines where appropriate
- Misuses physical resources
Enhancing contribution to the organisation through an understanding of the bigger picture and showing commitment to organisational values: Enthusiasm, Communication skills, Broad perspective, Outward looking, Forward thinking.
- Good relationship capacity
- Participates in activities that contribute to community
- Maintains motivation along the internship
- Shares information and encourages others to do the same
- Adequacy of communication to the target audience
- Monitors progress and maintains update with the supervisor
- Seeks help when necessary
Developing self and others
Showing commitment to own ongoing professional development. Supporting and encouraging others to develop their professional knowledge, skills and behaviours to enable them to reach their full potential: Communication skills, Delegation, Opportunistic, Supportive, Openness, Desire to learn, Institutional perspective.
- Understand the guidelines and supervisor feedback
- Seeks feedback from others and positively accepts constructive feedback
- Seeks opportunities to improve work practices
- Demonstrates willingness to continuously learn and grow
- Assesses personal strengths and seeks areas for development
- Learns from mistakes and successes
Working with people
Working collaboratively with others in order to achieve objectives. Recognising and valuing the different contributions people bring to this process: Communication skills, Interpersonal skills, Diplomacy, Collegial, Empathy, Negotiation skills, Collaborative, Respectful.
- Ability to develop collaborative work
- Demonstrates respect for a diversity of ideas and the rights of others
- Recognizes the efforts of others
- Listens and asks questions to understand others viewpoints
- Provides feedback in a constructive and considerate manner
- Manages and resolves conflict when appropriate
- Adapts the schedule to company needs
Consistently meeting agreed objectives and success criteria. Taking personal responsibility for getting things done: Project & Time management, Negotiation & Communication skills, Resilience, Prioritising, Goal setting, Pro-active approach.
- Carries out multiple tasks or projects
- Plans and manages working time
- Doing the task assigned completely
- Quality execution of tasks
- Problem solving ability
- Degree of autonomy
- Work methodology
- Involvement in the assigned task
- Follows instructions and directions
The General Evaluation of the trainee:
- Was the intern easy to work with?
- The trainee accomplished the task established in the Learning Agreement
- Trainee completely performed the tasks assigned by the organization
- The trainee was effective and efficient
- The organization is generally satisfied with the trainee’s performance
- The trainee is going to have a successful career life after this experience
- The works performed during traineeship period are of quality to be used by the organization
- The organization can provide reference for the trainee in future
University – Department of Business Practices
The Department of Business Practices of the University offer a good service:
- Length of Employment
- Starting Date practices
- Administrative issues
- Experience with the placement tutor
- Management grant from the Department of Business Practices
- Does the degree train the student for multiple and different career opportunities?
- Does the degree prepare and adequately train the student to face the world of work?
- Would you recommend the trainee degree?
- Considers to have another intern work
Please indicate the knowledge, skills and competences acquired by the trainee at the end of the traineeship